Thursday, September 1, 2011

How to Clean Up Dripped Hair Removal Wax

 wax pot, how to clean up wax

This week I dripped wax on my long wooden tray in my bathroom when waxing myself at home. Good thing it wasn't a big gooey mess like in the photo above.

How did I clean it up? Oil. It's not a friend of soft (strip) wax and actually breaks it down. That's why skin needs to be cleansed first to get rid of the skin's natural oils, including makeup and lotion before getting waxed. Otherwise the oil repels the wax and it won't adhere to the hair well, and then you guessed it, won't come out.

When I actually got to the small mess, the wax had already dried. I used olive oil because it was in the bathroom (olive oil is my makeup remover) and it's non-staining. A little bit on a cotton pad and the dried wax slid right off.

If you have a big mess (like you spill the pot) and it has hardened, then it helps to warm up the wax to make the clean up easier. Take a blow-dryer on a low-setting and then tidy up with your oil of choice.

More:

Image Rob Eyers / I Stock Photo


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...