Saturday, March 31, 2012

Schick Hydro Silk Razor

schick hydro silk, schick razors, women's razors

Schick Hydro 3 has been my go-to razor even though they're marketed to men because I like them and picked up a couple packs when they were on sale and had some coupons. But of course I had to get the Hydro Silk Razor for women, new from Schick with five blades and built-in serum and skin guards, made to moisturize and prevent razor burn.

I let my daughter try it before myself. And she was really excited to give her opinion. Let me first say that because I write about hair removal, she is used to very good shaving products and didn't have to go through the route of learning to shave with cheap disposables, and the oh-so-fun razor burn, nicks and cuts.

She said, "It wasn't the closest shave in the world, but my skin felt really soft."

I put on a fresh blade and gave it a whirl myself. With the first swipe, I also thought it didn't give a very close shave, but it took a couple to get it smooth. I don't have dry skin and always use good shaving cream or gel, so the built-in serum didn't make a difference for me. However, Jen Adkins, our Skincare Guide really loves the Schick Hydro Silk Razor and uses it without shaving cream (read her post).

They are pricey, a four-pack blade refill costs about $16 (compare prices). I personally like Schick Quattro better, and they're less expensive at about $12 for four refills (compare prices).

More:

Image Courtesy PriceGrabber


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...